How to Take Care of Your Mental Health During The Covid-19 Quarantine?How to Take Care of Your Mental Health During The Covid-19 Quarantine? https://www.kupplin.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/young-adult-wearing-protection-mask-working-laptop_23-2148480497.jpg 626 417 kupplinadmin kupplinadmin https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/6eec4427dd031e16c8da4c63019a7497?s=96&d=mm&r=g
- no comments
The year 2020 has got everyone in splits.
Since the very end of the year 2019 in December, the infamous pandemic started taking place with the spread of the Coronavirus.
People around the world have been asked to stay at home in self-quarantine due to fear of the rapid spread of the virus.
This has brought in many uninvited effects to the lives of people. Many countries are experiencing difficulties financially. But it has also made an impact on people’s minds.
The very first is the fear and anxiety about the disease.
Secondly, people aren’t able to go out of their homes. Which prohibits them from living their life normally.
People are experiencing stress and anxiety because of a sudden change in routine.
Stress during an infectious disease outbreak can include-
- Fear and worry about your own health and the health of your loved ones
- Changes in sleep or eating patterns
- Difficulty sleeping or concentrating
- Worsening of chronic health problems
- Worsening of mental health conditions
- Increased use of alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs.
Other Possible Mental Health Effects of Coronavirus Quarantines-
- Post-traumatic stress symptoms
- Depressive symptoms
- Low mood
- Emotional disturbance
- Emotional exhaustion
Factors That Determine Your Mental State-
- Work/Job – The kind of work you do on a daily basis. Does it require you to sit on the computer the whole day? Does it require a lot of physical work? And also the amount of focus it needs.
- Environment – Where you live has a lot of impact on your mental state. If you live in a crowded space with a lot of buildings and apartments around you, it will have a different impact than the ones living with trees and greeneries around their houses.
- Routine – Your daily routine also leads to the factors that determine your mental state. Do you exercise regularly? The time you wake up at etc.
- Family – The mental state of your family members also contributes to your mental state. And the average age in your family is also a very big determinant of your mental state.
- Your Own Health – Are you already going through some health issues? Are you obese, very thin, or diabetic? Many things related to health contribute to mental state.
- Your Personality – How do you cope with things? Are you an extrovert or an introvert? Do you usually hang out at a bar with friends? Many things related to personality also determine your mental state.
Ways to Maintain & Protect Mental Health Care During Quarantine-
- Adopt New Habits: Habits can change a person completely. There have been many motivational stories about how people overcame their biggest challenges by changing their habits slowly. If you are not a reader, start reading books. If you don’t have plants, start taking care of a plant regularly. If you don’t cook, learn how to cook. By creating a new habit, you will contribute towards the bigger goals you have in life.
- Finish Pending Tasks: Let’s admit this, many of us aren’t very good at time management and finishing our tasks on time. You can finish those items that you had on your to-do-list for a long time. Finish with a book, learn a new course, etc.
- Work On Your Goals: Have you been procrastinating on your previously set goals? Many of us set goals for ourselves but don’t actually work on them. Well, this is the time to start that.
- Make New Goals: Many of us aren’t very satisfied with where we’re at in our current situation. And along with that, we also need to achieve certain things in life. In order to do so, start making new goals. Set up a timeline for yourself. And start implementing them.
- Work On Physical Health: Are you completely satisfied with your body? Do you have regular back pains, knee pains, etc? Are you the one with slight postural problems? Start looking for solutions online and start working on an exercise routine for it.
- Take Care Of Diet: Your body needs complete nutrients during this time. Make sure you leave no stones unturned to maintain a well-balanced diet.
- Digital Detox: Take some time off of social media, world news, etc. Many of us start feeling this load of information on our brains and it starts creating stress problems.
- Maintain Communication: They say, “Be in solitude, not isolation”. Don’t cut yourself off from your close ones, be in constant communication with them if you’re away from them.
- Personal Hygiene: Do not forget to maintain your personal hygiene. Because many germs and bacterias are produced in the body and the clothes we wear. So regular baths, washing clothes are important for good health.
- Help Others: Many people are not as fortunate as ourselves. So when you see someone needy, try to help them by donating clean clothes, food, money, etc.
If you feel uneasy or unwell at any given time, do not forget to contact a doctor. These are some difficult times that need you to keep up the good strength. You need to be in contact with everyone close to you.