Pharmacist Job Description, Salary And MorePharmacist Job Description, Salary And More https://www.kupplin.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/medicine-pharmaceutics-healthcare-people-concept_109710-1710.jpg 626 417 kupplinadmin kupplinadmin https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/6eec4427dd031e16c8da4c63019a7497?s=96&d=mm&r=g
- no comments
How would you describe a pharmacist?
“Caring, compassionate, knowledgeable, and responsive” were words used frequently to describe the qualities and characteristics of a good pharmacist. Chapter 5 looks at the status of the current pharmacy profession in relation to both its desire and capacity to provide patient-centered care.
What are the roles and responsibilities of a pharmacist?
- Dispensing or supervising the dispensation of medications and related supplies, according to physicians’ prescriptions
- Reviewing prescriptions for accuracy
- Checking for drug interactions
- Compounding medications and preparing special solutions
- Counseling patients regarding appropriate use of medications
- Overseeing daily ordering, as well as automatic refills
- Collaborating with other healthcare professionals to plan, monitor, review, and evaluate patient effectiveness
- Recommending drug therapy changes when appropriate
- Ensuring the pharmacy complies with all local, state, and federal regulations
- Educating patients and staff on drug therapies
A pharmacist’s salary is based on education and level of experience. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2017, pharmacists earned the following salary:
Median annual salary: $124,170 ($59.70/hour)
Top 10% annual salary: $159,410 ($76.64/hour)
Bottom 10% annual salary: $87,420 ($42.03/hour)
What skills do you need to be a pharmacist?
- Reading comprehension
- Active listening
- Verbal communication
- Critical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Physical stamina
Source: The Balance Careers